prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Ark-La-Tex Genealogical Assoc. hosted a great seminar with Caroline Pointer

Caroline is a Professional Genealogist who really knows her stuff. She gave four great lectures plus an hour of answering questions.


Here are some pictures of the seminar room and a couple of the Association's hard working officers.


Jim Johnson, Program Director.


 Fascinating historical maps. I almost bought one of Indian Oklahoma.



Mob scene.




Chairman Glenda Bernard.

You would have enjoyed the seminar like those that attended did. Except for the trouble maker in the middle of the front row. (Me) The Old Prune Picker has slowly been loosing his hearing. I asked if the volume could be turned up. They did, but it did not help much. I also was feeling bad, catching a cold. Started coughing after lunch. Sat up coughing all night and had a two degree fever this morning. I feel terrible. Wonder if the cold hurt my hearing. I will be ok in a couple of days.

During the night I tuned in to Youtube and heard a couple of hours of Caroline lecturing on the use of the onenote computer software in genealogy. Good lectures. I heard them good.

I am sorry that I disturbed the class.




4 comments:

  1. Hope you get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Bigfoot. I am feeling better. I have not started the car in two days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck,
    Thank you for your very kind comments about our genealogy seminar! I do hope today is an even better day. My friend in Baton Rouge sent me this post and I subscribed just now.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->