prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Vital Signs and remarks.


Good progress on weight. Lost eight pounds in the month. That is 30 pounds in three months. (Started diet on July 1) Louisiana has the highest percentage of obese people in the USA. I want to lower that percentage.

Blood pressure is good enough that the Doctor let me cut my heart medicine in half. (Atenolol)

I had esophagus treatment in September. Had big problem swallowing first thing in the morning (One time I thought that I was going to pass out) and also in general. This was the sixth time that my esophagus has been stretched. Helped some, but not very much. I think that I should get used to eating very carefully (especially in the morning) and get by without further treatment. They seem to help less and less.

Incidentally in 292 days I will be 92.  In 1388 days I will be 95. I might make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->