prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Quaint Cajun Funeral Music.

Went to Tech last night and saw The Fabulous Equinox Orchestra. The orchestra is run by two Louisiana Tech graduates, Clay Johnson and Jeremy Davis. These fellows met in the 7th grade in Wast Monroe and have been together (musically) ever since. The orchestra is based in Savannah, Georgia. They play very very good. Old standards and new standards.


Below is Clay singing and Jeremy playing first saxophone.


The second from the right saxophone player is the famous Laurence Gibbs. Lawrence recently retired from the Tech music faculty.


They can play the tune played in the video below at my funeral.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->