prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Vital Signs.

I am revamping my method of logging my vital signs. I want a logical easy to read record to take to my doctor. Next appointment is on July 18. This is two days before my 91st birthday. In 42 days I will be 91. Ho hum. Nothing exciting about that. My next real age milestone is age 95. I will be 95 in 1503 days. Now that is exciting! I should be able to do 1503 days, huh?

Below are my vital signs for May and the first eight days of June. I measure and record two blood pressures every morning.. #1 is after I weigh. #2 is after three minutes of sitting still. Reading #2 should be closer to my real blood pressure.



My weight is consistently high around 256 to 258. I am sure that my blood pressure would come down if I lost weight. I would then have a much better chance at lasting 1503 more days and making that next milestone.

When Jackie passed away 9 and a half years ago I weighed 220 to 230 pounds. One time in 2009 I reached 218 pounds! I am carrying a good 30 pounds of excess baggage. I now squeeze into a 44 panta waist. My blood pressure was lower then also. It is time to shed some weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->