prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Shoji Tabuchi. Memories and Now.

My wife Jackie and I started RVing in 1985. In the first couple of years we spent a week at Branson. We loved it. After that, every trip East involved a week at Branson. We stayed there for a week 8 or 9 times. We RV'd for 22 years. Since Jackie passed away in 2007 I do not RV.

On our first visit to Branson Shoji was an opening act for a lady singer at a small theatre on the Branson Strip. He blew us away. He played the fiddle behind his back. Then he stood on his head and played the fiddle. I bought a CD and have been a Shoji fan ever since. That is almost 30 years now. We enjoyed his new theatre. Fanciest bathrooms in Branson!

Yesterday Shoji and his show was playing a benefit in Oak Grove.



A pretty day.


Shoji is getting to be a real good fiddle player!



Shoji's daughter sings, dances, plays the drum, and does stage hand work. (Also cares for a two year old girl.) 




The grand daughter was a hit!




A touch of the Christmas Show.




The Shoji Show ends on a strong patriotic note.


What a good looking group. Except for the old prunepicker on the left.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->