prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, February 11, 2016

VFW Meeting. February 11, 2016.

Nice meeting. Beautiful day. Delicious meal. Good company.


View of the back of the Military Museum from the porch of the VFW building. I thought that it was an interesting picture.


Front of the VFW building.





JD Harper conducted the meeting.


The best diesel mechanic in the area gave the financial report. He then made a 21 minute trip to Ryans to pick the meal. (I like to time things,)


The old post is sorta attractive even if it is coming apart around us. It is 70 years old.


The black cloth around the Post Charter behind JD was placed there in memory of a comrade who recently passed away. A Mr Rainwater.


The remains of our delicious lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->