prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My baby boy has moved.

And he has really moved! Michael Kevin Monson, age 57, my youngest child (of four) known as Mike has lived in Modesto, California for around 20 years. He made a little move recently. He now lives in Kona, Hawaii. I estimate that instead of living 2000 miles from me, he now lives about 5000 miles from me.


I live at A in Ruston, Louisiana and Mike lives at B in Kona, Hawaii as shown on the map above. It is going to make it hard to drop by and visit him on my final farewell tours of the West Coast. (If I make another tour.)

I admire Mike and his wife Rebecca for making such a striking change in their life. Mike liked Modesto and he liked his job as a paralegal. Unfortunately the job required a 4 to 5 hour commute. That is one way. He faced 10 hours of travel every work day! That is a lot of reading and smart phone usage. He can now do that at home.

Mike has  always loved writing. He once was a reporter for a newspaper in Tyler, Texas. He has been writing fiction short stories and has completed a novel. He has had success, such as being published and earning some money for his efforts.

If we can get him off the beach and out of the surf (He lives 7 miles from the ocean.) and on his word processor he will get much more writing done. I wish him success and send him my love and admiration.  Good Luck, Mike and Rebecca!

2 comments:

  1. I admire them too! Good for them for going for or and making the move
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrie will be joining them soon.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->