prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, June 3, 2013

John Leland Mathewes is doing good.

John is an old friend from water exercise classes and the Council on Aging senior lunches. John had a bad stroke recently. He is recovering at the Alpine. He is talking great after effective speech therapy. As usual he is a delight to visit with. He paid me a visit when I was doing rehab at Ruston Nursing and Rehab. A few days later he suffered his stroke. Today I made a return visit.



The Alpine is on Highway 80 east of Ruston. John's room is close to the east rear door. I was standing at the door trying to get in when a gentleman came up and put in the code that opens the door. He turned out to be John's son Charles. He led me to John's room. Isn't that a fortuitous event? 




The doctor says that John will be walking and driving when he is released to go home. John has no idea how long that will be. Mentally and psychologically he is ready now. 

John is a retired fire fighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->