prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Flag Day in Ruston, Louisiana, 2013.

Owens Funeral Home, Ruston Boy Scouts, the Veterans of Foreign Wars,  and others conducted a Flag Day ceremony today. The ceremony was combined with properly disposing of some hundred no longer useable flags.











The ashes of the old flags of Ruston now have a permanent resting place and a marker.



Everyone dug into hot dogs and cold pop after the ceremony.

This is the second of this annual ceremony. It was MC'd by Commander JD Harper who is getting to be an expert. It really is a nice ceremony.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Mr. Monson for chronicling this for us.- Wanda Ellenberger, Cubmaster, Pack 59.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. It was a pleasure. It is such a photogenic occasion. I want to complement you on the great job you did and are doing with the Scouts,

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->