prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, July 12, 2019

A visit to Michael and Tabitha Monson.

Michael is a grandson of my second oldest brother George. I loved and admired my brother George very much. He was a Marine pilot in the Pacific in WWII and retired with the rank of Captain.


Michael and Tabitha live on a farm NE of Tulsa Oklahoma. I met them for a moment years ago in Van Nuys, California. I have been following them on Facebook for many years. I am looking forward to a visit with them. I will stop by on my trip from Branson, Missouri to Wichita, Kansas next Thursday the 18th. I am excited to visit a farm in Oklahoma. In fact I am very excited about it. When I worked for Superior and Mobil Oil I traveled many miles in Oklahoma going to oil wells.

You may remember that my youngest son (who I visited in Modesto, California recently) is also named Michael Monson. I have always said that you cannot have too many Michael Monsons in your life! Here is a picture of the Oklahoma Michael Monson wrestling sheep on his farm.


5 comments:

  1. Hope you weather the tropical storm hitting Louisiana today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very happy for you that you've had the chance to connect with so much family over this past year. It's kinda like winning the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We really enjoyed our vist today. Can't wait to the next time. Hopefully you can meet our boys next time. Thanks for taking time to visit us.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->