prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, June 2, 2019

$70 DOLLARS FOR A CHICKEN DINNER?!!

Boy that chicken had better be good. On July 17 I am driving to Branson for a chicken dinner. But it is at the Dolly Parton Stampede where 37 horses entertain, and I understand that the dinner is great with a special creamed vegetable soup.

After a night in a motel I am going to drive to Tulsa to visit a nephew. He is the grandson of my brother George. He has the same name as my son. Michael Monson. I should be able to remember that! I met Michael and his wife many years ago. I am looking forward to the visit. Pic below indicates that Michael of Oklahoma raises his own wool.


After visiting in Tulsa I am going to drive on to Wichita, Kansas. The Thomas Munson Foundation is having a reunion there. Thomas is my 8th great grandfather. He was an early Puritan illegal alien to Connecticut. The Wichita reunion is a small local reunion. Two years ago I went to one like it in Louisville , Kentucky. I enjoyed it. In 1987th the Foundation had a large reunion in New Haven, Connecticut.


The reunion (on the 350th anniversary of Thomas Munson's arrival in New England) was held at Yale. I was RVing in the area at the time. I had no genealogical knowledge at that time and so did not attend. I studied family history years later after Jackie passed away.

I am looking forward to the reunion and visiting Wichita.

My Louisiana Family is looking askance at me. Saturday July 20 is my 94th Birthday and I will be in Wichita. 94 is a ho hum birthday anyway. I am sorry that I will not be at home. I promise to be at home next year on my 95th birthday. Now that is a birthday to write home about. I might even go off my diet for that one!




1 comment:

  1. You be careful with all that traveling!!! But sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->