prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Karl Malone opens a 511 rock climbing store in Ruston.

The store has an alcove with a coffee bar that serves free coffee to veterans. There is a design in the cement that honors KIA and MIAs. At the dedication for the alcove there was a patriotic program. Complete with flag folding and the playing of taps. The picture below (by Cheryl Maxwell) was taken at the end of the program. Notice that the old prunepicker managed to get in the center of the pic. See green shirt.


Pictures like this were featured on the evening TV news from Monroe. Friday evening June 29, 2018.
Here are more pics.

Flag folding.


Karl gave the closing remarks. Black Rifle Coffee Company makes a good coffee, I bet.



His honor Mayor Walker.



This morning I visited the store. Karl told me that 511 is a rock climbing term and the name of the company that makes the clothing and equipment in his store. The clothing is tough and stylish. You do not have to climb rocks to put it to good use. This is the first of several 511 stores scheduled to be built. The next one will be in Meterie.


Incidentally Karl is considered to be the best power forward in basketball history.


1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->