prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Day at the Races with Lizard.

Lizard's legal name is Richard Wayne Howard. He has three perfect first names and settled on Lizard. The road he lives on is marked Lazard on the Parish map! He is from a family that settled several generations ago in the Pea Ridge community. Pea Ridge is a part of the town of Dubach.

Here he is in his office at the track. He handled all of our bets. Things did not go to well.




We could watch and bet on races at the seven tracks operating in the US.




Beauty parade of empty horses.




Then they dressed up.



The end of a race on turf. Inside the normal track.


Here is a link to a previous Day at the Races with Lizard.  Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->