prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Happy 97th Birthday, Tommy Ledford

What a lovely party! Almost the whole town was there to show Tommy their respect and love. Even the Mayor come to the party. He is the middle white head in the picture below. Tommy is in his recliner.




Tommy has great grand children. These three entertained. See the short video at the bottom of this post.






The old Prunepicker insisted on a dual selfie with Tommy. I have  several meals a month (for ten plus years) with Tommy. At the VFW and at the Council on Aging. We discovered that 74 years ago we were both in the Army and stationed at Camp Cooke near Santa Maria, California. It is a small world, huh?





Don't they play and sing great?






2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->