prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, January 26, 2018

A Ride around the Delta.

My friend, Richard Maxwell had some business at his farm and timber land in Arkansas and invited me to come along for the ride. I went and had a grand tour. Saw several landmarks. Richard's farm and timber land. University of Arkansas at Monticello. The town of Gould the childhood home of the famous John Roebuck. And the monument at Jerome, Arkansas which marks the location of a WW II Japanese Relocation Camp.  I wonder if my friend from Pomona was incarcerated there.

This is Maxwell dorm at UAM. Named in memory of a Maxwell relation of Richard, my driver. Richard's roots run deep in the Delta.


The Student Union at UAM.


Maxwell Highway into the Maxwell timber.


Gould, Arkansas is the center of the Universe for a person that I know. (John Roebuck)


View into downtown Gould.


Some prime Gould Real Estate. (Just kidding, trying to get John's goat)



The Monument at Jerome, Arkansas. The WWII location of a Japanese Relocation Camp.



This is a pic of Richard Maxwell, my stalwart driver. He worked hard all day.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->