prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Around the pot bellied stove.

Oh how wise we are when we gather around the wood stove at the old Unionville store after Saturday morning breakfast. Full of bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, grits, coffee, jelly, and syrup. We are ready to take on the weighty problems of the World and Parish.





4 comments:

  1. Looks like a cozy time, huddled around around that stove.
    Curious about the table full of plastic jugs of water?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi! Do you know who owns it now? My great great grandfather built this place on Unionville General Store, Louisiana est 1853.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe Richard Jones owns it now. His great grand father brought it from Stone Colvin in 1921. Stone built it.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->