prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

My first car and my last car.

My first car and my last car have one thing in common. Both are Fords.

My first car was a Model A Four Door Sedan. It cost me $35. I was supporting myself at the time with a dish washing job. I am impressed that I had $35. Of course my room rent at the time was only $4.50 per month. (pre 1940)

Jim Taylor Ford in Ruston has a Model A like my first car on display in the show room. My Model A was a solid black color. Otherwise it was just like the car in the picture.


My last car is a Ford Fusion. (Bought at Jim Taylor Ford in Ruston.) It cost a lot  more than $35. It does have more leg room, however.



2 comments:

  1. Too bad that dealership won't let you take that model T for a drive around town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Model A. The model T was before me. Seeing that car sure brought back memories! I can not believe how small it is.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->