prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, December 9, 2016

The Old PrunePicker buys a new car.

This morning I was looking at cars at the local Ford dealer when Star Salesman Larry Gipson passed by. I was like putty in Larry's hands. By noon I had bought at Fusion four door sedan. Larry's charm and sales ability payed off!


I bought the same body style and color.



Below is the 2012 Camry that I traded in.


The two cars look a lot the same. It looks like I have the same car. However the new car has 40 miles on it and the old Camry has 94,000 miles.

I have always preferred Fords. I have had many. Starting with a Model A. (I paid $35 for it when I was 15 and drove it for a year. The timing gear went out and I sold it for $10.)

I hope that my grand son in law who runs a Chevy Dealership will forgive me for not buying a Chevy from him. Sorry Justin. If any one reading this wants a good car please look Justin Miller up in Franklinton, Louisiana at the Magee Autoplex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->