prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

2016 Louisiana Folk Festival at NSU in Natchitoches.

Was I lucky! Rhonda and Michael Ray drove me to the Festival. We had a fun day. Ate Indian Tacos, heard a lot of music, and saw many crafts. We saw the end of the contest for best fiddler in Louisiana State.





It was a very pleasant surprise to run into Mary Lou Cheatham. Mary is now Mrs John Cooke. Mr and Mrs Cooke were selling and autographing books in a booth at the Festival. Mary has turned into a novelist since I first met her. She has written several novels. They are available online from Amazon. The novels have received good reviews.


No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->