prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

53rd Annual Watermelon Festival. Farmerville, Louisiana.

I attended the Watermelon parade in Farmerville today. And walked through the Midway. They were selling chunks of ice cold watermelon for one dollar. I asked them if they had a fork. I sadly walked away when they said no. It was hot. I thought to my self "I can use my fingers". I when back and got a piece. My fingers worked good. The melon was delicious!



















Much money was raised for charity by auctioning off melons. One melon weighed 146 pounds, I do not know if it was the heaviest.

I had been watching during the parade for horses. Well, they came at the very end. I made a video of the horses.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->