prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Katelynn Cook, Prunepicker Techster.

Katelynn was born in Chowchilla in California.Therefore she is a Prunepicker. I met Katelynn in my water exercise class where she is currently an instructor, She is a fielder on the Louisiana Softball Team. I watched a double header today between the Techsters and UAB. We won the first game and were within one run of UAB in the second game.

Katelynn is a nice person (even if she is a prunepicker) and I am sweet on her.





 Katelynn and the Techster behind her are actually 15 feet apart. The player behind Katelyn is in the warm up circle. Katelynn hit a long fly ball.




PS My hero Katelynn.

I went to a third game between Tech and UAB yesterday on Sunday. I left after four innings to attend the concert by the USAF Band. After I was gone (the last hit of the game) Katelynn hit a "Walk Off Home Run"  !!!!! I am so sorry that I missed it.

Congratulations Katelynn!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Chuck! Katelynn shared this blog with me last week. It is so very hard being so far away, but we are so proud of Katelynn. Thank you for sharing, love the pictures. Sincerely, Patty Cook (Katelynn's Mom!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thanks for your nice comment. We are proud of Katelynn. I will try to meet you at her senior game. You folks have raised a sweet person. Chuck Monson

      Delete
  2. On Monday 5/2 I posted a blog about the Senior Game. It was nice meeting you.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->