prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, April 25, 2016

Five Days in Spring.

Day 1. Wed April 20. Track meet at Ruston High starring Ethan Newberry. (a great grand son). We are proud of Ethan.
Day 2. Thurs. April 21. Techster softball game. [Missed football game. Starring Ross Newberry. (great grand son). Ross plays middle line backer. We are proud of Ross.
Day 3. Fri. April 22 Tech Bulldog baseball game.
Day 4. Sat. April 23. Soccer game. Starring Christian Newberry. (Another great grand son). Christian did good. He kicked the ball!
Sat afternoon grand daughter Joy Kathleen ran a 5K in Monroe. She came in second in her group. I missed the race. I an so proud of Joy.
Day 3. Sun. April 24. Birthday party for Joy. (missed a baseball game).

Now wasn't that a busy five days? Made it to one track meet, made one softball game, made one baseball game, made one soccer game, and one Birthday party. Missed one football game,  missed one baseball game, and a 5k run. I missed some grand affairs. I can not get to everything, darn it!

Below are some miscellaneous photos from the five days.


Above is a photo from the track meet. That is Ethan in second place. He came in fourth. That is very good for a freshman. We are all proud of Ethan.

The next five photos are of the Techster softball game. They played ULM.






The next two photos are of a Killdeer and her four eggs. She pulled the old broken wing act on us but we were not fooled. Her eggs were very near a goal at Christian's soccer game. People had placed yellow tape around the eggs. We hope that they hatch, The gestation period is three weeks'



The next seven pictures were taken at Christian's soccer game.









One photo of the Tech baseball game.


Sometimes it gets busy for the old prunepicker.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->