prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Leaving tomorrow. (Monroe to Seattle)

John is driving me to the airport tomorrow. My plane leaves for Dallas at 1:55 pm. (July 17) I change planes in Dallas and leave Dallas at 5:15 pm. I land in Seattle at 7:33 pm which is two hours later  (9:33 pm) Louisiana time. Must be a four hour flight.

My oldest grandson, Matt, will meet me and take me to his house in Woodenville. Next morning (Saturday) Matt's family and I will drive to the ferry landing in Anacortes. We will catch the Anacortes, Washington to Sidney, British Columbia. We will get off the ferry at Orcas Island.

On Orcas Island 14 souls will gather for a week of visiting, sight seeing, and walking. They are West Coast relatives of mine. Regretfully I do not get to see them very much. I am so looking forward to this visit with them. This is a family gathering of my oldest daughter and her husband. I am so pleased that they invited me.  I will soak up the memories of the week and take them home with me. Along with many pictures. I am very excited about this week of family.

There will be five great grand children. There will be four grandchildren. Two grand children in laws. My oldest daughter and her husband. One old prune picker-great grandfather adds up to 14.

Watch this blog for pictures and details. I will also be posting on Facebook.


Four days to my 90th birthday next Monday the 20th of July.

More important is the fact that Saturday July 18th is the seventh birthday of Max Shaifai. Max is a great grandson of mine that I hardly know. I am looking to being around him and getting acquainted.

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->