prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Tuesday morning breakfast with Tommy Ledford.

For 11 or 12 years I have had Tuesday breakfast with Tommy Ledford. They were mostly at the VFW Post. Tommy was somewhat the inspiration for the breakfast and the food (delicious!) was prepared by his offspring. This has come to an end because you know why. (whatever 19) During my years in Ruston I probably had a couple thousand meals with Tommy. We sat at the same table at Senior Lunch.

Well!!! We going to have it one more time. Tuesday morning (June 16) at 7 am in Tommy's from yard there is going to be one last (for me) Tuesday morning breakfast with Tommy. It will be in conjunction with the opportunity for people to wish the old Prunepicker good luck on his Thursday move to Franklinton.

Tommy is an unforgettable character and it is a pleasure to know him.


Good cooks!


This lady can really cook bacon.

 
This pic does not have anything to do with Tuesday breakfast. I just like the pic of Tommy with a fan.



We look mad in this older pic.


2 comments:

  1. Not a big surprise to me that people would want to show up for a fine send-off for you in your move to Franklinton. You haven't mentioned any of the medical situation. I am hoping for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really know how to love. 💛

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->