prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Out with the old! In with new!

Busy week. I helped move very thing that I own out of the trailer that Jackie and I lived in for 24 years. Last 13 years I lived in it by myself. Then the housekeeping declined in quality.  The Mike Phillips moving company rolled in.

The OLD





It was a difficult move. It took six or seven see saws to get the rig turned around and in the driveway. But the three person crew pictured below did it without a hitch. Celeste and Mike Phillips, and John Morgan Adams. Thanks a lot you guys!


The next day a Grey Wolf travel trailer by Cherokee was delivered by Bayou Outdoor Supercenter 
of Bossier City. 




The NEW


Have you ever disposed of eighty percent of your stuff as you move from your shelter of 24 years into a new shelter? This is the first time for me. It is a very stressful and traumatic experince. I think this is the last time for me.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know how you did it. Probably with the gumption that has you still going at 95. I hope there are many advantages that you find in the new place. It certainly looks spiffy and easier to manage. I hope you take some photos of the interior, too. Rest up....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough task, getting rid of stuff. Smaller home, but everything is new, modern (not always better), and working properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I can relate, as I had to quickly move from my home of 21 years into a small bedroom that I am renting in someone's home. It was traumatic at first, but now I'm glad to have less to be worried about. Looking forward to seeing more of this journey!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->