prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Saturday breakfast in the old Unioville Store, Dubac, Louisiana.

This is such a good time over bacon and eggs. I enjoy listening to these old friends exchange history and local news events. Here is a late photo of the Unionville Score. It sold lots of groceries in its day. Richard Jones can recall stocking the shelves. He is present owner of the property and a regular at the Saturday breakfast.



This old wood-stove heats the place. There is much discussion about when and how much fuel to add. I enjoy sitting by it and looking at the flames.


Typical after breakfast group around the stove.


These two gentlemen were a pitcher/catcher team for Dubach High School 60 years ago. They are still sending each other signals. They are John Jeffcoat and Nicky Davis. They were discussing a pitch when I took this pic.



2 comments:

  1. It would be mighty entertaining to set up a video camera with a microphone and record one of those fireplace sit around sessions. And that old building is a flashback.
    Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->