prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, February 14, 2020

Rosa is so small.


Rosa is in the advanced stage of Alzheimer's. I have visited her once or twice a month for three or four years. Yesterday was my first visit in six weeks. I was startled by how small she is. Alzheimer is not only stealing her mind it is also stealing her body.

This is a photo that Tina took yesterday.


This photo is from two years ago'


This photo (with her daughters Tina and Rhonda) was taken six years ago.


Rosa was a good sized beautiful woman. She is still beautiful but smaller and fragile. I loved her then (and my wife Jackie) and I love her now. It is so sad to see her fade away. Alzheimer's is terrible.

2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->