prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, September 27, 2019

A Day at the Races.

Lizard and I made our yearly trip to the Horse Races in Bossier City. Lizard is my old friend Richard Wayne Howard. He has three great first names and he is stuck with Lizard. The street that he lives on is named Lizard Lane on the Lincoln Parish map. What came first; the street or my friend?

Here is Lizard at his betting station.


A few of the track outside in case we did not want to go outside and see the race.


A few of tracks all over the country.


 The PrunePicker and the Lizard watching the races.



Beautiful! Naked horses on the beauty walk.


It was a fun day even if we did not win a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->