prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Drink of cold water and passed out!

Got up at 2 AM this morning for my every two hour piss call. Got my bottle out of the frig and took a larger than normal gulp of cold water. I immediately had a strong feeling of passing out and I hunched over the kitchen counter. A few minutes later I woke up on the floor across the trailer. I had passed out and hit the floor with enough force to break the skin on my head. The two pics of my head indicate that I hot solid and then skidded a bit to make the scratch.



These two pics are of where I landed. You can see the blood marks.



It is a strange feeling to come to after fainting. It takes awhile to realize what happened. I have passed out from esophagus spasms several times. The last time was six years ago. The times that I passed out before the last two times I was sitting down and did not hit my head. The fall in January 2013 caused my brain to bleed and in two months I had a stroke. Brain surgery was  required to heal the bleeding.

It would be smart to have my head xrayed. Sure would be!

5 comments:

  1. My first thought is Oh. I hope you are feeling OK now. I hope you will get checked out. My second is for you not to drink such cold water. But I don't know anything about that for sure. I do hope you are OK and that you go for medical eval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would agree on the x-Ray. Maybe hopping out of bed too quickly was the cause of the passing out.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a drink of cold water when I get up in the night. Usually a normal swallow. This time was a gulp. I am too old to hop out of bed Have had esophagus problems for 20 years. Many stretches. Hope to see Dr soon. Thanks for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this happen several times. The solution is have urinal next to your bed and a bottle of water. Good luck! Orange californa Cajun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is terrifying and I'm glad you've lived to tell the tale! Have you scheduled that doctor's appointment? Please be okay. <3

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->