prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

I should have listened to David!

aaaa

The picture above illustrates what happened to me when I did not listen to David. (David Newberry, my grand son in law.

I was stepping down some steps at a football game Monday night. I was right by David when he said do not go that way. I thought that I was stepping down on a step. but the step was not there! There should have been but there was not/ I am blind in the middle of my left eye and do not have very good (none?) depth perception. When I let my foot down. no step, I fell! I thought that there was a scratch on the back of my left arm. I could not see it. My family could see a bloody wound and gathered around. Got me bandaged and John drove me to the emergency room. Another bandage and  a tetanus shot.

I was thrilled by the tender loving care that I received, both from my family and the Ruston Hospital. I only wish that I had listened to David. Next time I will. (So soon old, so late smart!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking you are lucky, but that gash looks pretty bad.
    Take care, sir.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->