prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Picnic on the Bogue Chitto River

 Ny granddaughter Katie said "we are going to have a picnic and you are invited". Oh Boy! the old PrunePicker loves a picnic.


The picnic was at the Bogue Chitto State Park. The park is about ten miles from Franklinton and believe it or not is on the Bogue Chitto River, The river rubs out of Mississippi. flows south about a mile from our home, through the park, and joins the Pearl River by New Orleans.

Bogue Chitto is Choctaw for Large Creek. This is Choctaw Country. How appropriate. Katie and her daughter and her Mom are Choctaw thanks to the heritage of my wife Jackie. I must say, They are friendly Indians.

Here are some pics of the river, park, and the picnic.






 and
Sure was a nice picnic!





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->