prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, January 11, 2020

From Lompoc, CA to Ruston, LA.

In 1943, for a short time Tommy Ledford and I were stationed at Camp Cooke, near Lompoc, CA. Tommy was a Sargent in the Signal Corp getting ready to ship overseas. I was a Private getting basic training to be in the Combat Engineers.

77 years later Tommy and I were at his 99th Birthday party in Ruston, LA. We did not know or see each other in Camp Cooke but over the last 13 years we have became good friends. I have been to many of Tommy's birthday parties. I am looking foreword to his 100th!






It is 1840 miles from Lompoc to Ruston. Tommy and I have traveled many miles, more than that, in the journey. Happy future travels, Tommy.

3 comments:

  1. The world is such a small place! I'm so happy you've made many friends in Ruston. Happy Birthday Tommy! I can't wait to celebrate your 95th in July, Papa. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy could pass for 80, but then again so could you.
    I bet those chili dogs were tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been kinda quiet for awhile. Just checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->