prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, November 8, 2019

I love geography.

I love geography.

I love travel.

I love travel photos.

I love the photos that Mark Wright puts on Facebook.

Mark is my third oldest grandchild. He is a retired computer engineer. Starting in May Mark rode his bike up the Pacific Coast trail from Mexico to Canada. Mark posted pictures almost every day I would put a select group into a blog about once a week I really enjoyed it. It was like riding along with him. Many of the places Jackie and I had been to in our RVing days. The pictures brought back many happy memories I was so sad when the trip ended.

Oh happy day Mark is taking a trip from California to Florida I will be back in the picture and nostalgia business

The picture below shows him on his bike ready to leave comfortable Dana point California



The last view of the Pacific Ocean the next ocean will be the Atlantic


It is some 2500 miles between the oceans. I hope the trip will bring him by my home and he will stay with us a few days. This place has many nice tent sites. I might be able to meet him along the road and ride with him a day. Me in my Ford and Mark on his bike.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looking forward to following along on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's brave to do this in the winter! I'm guessing he's gonna take a southern route. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->