prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, May 27, 2019

14th Annual Veterans Fish Fry. Curtesy of Cook Church.

We were all there! And thanked for our service and royally fed. Let us see. Saturday I had bacon and eggs at the Unionville Store. Then a visit to the Farmers Market where a bag of Kettle Popcorn snuck into the trunk of my Ford. Sunday I visited Starbucks and had a delicious cup of Old Fashioned Oatmeal.  Then today I had a delicious fish fry at Cook Church. How am I supposed to reach my ideal weight by July 20, 2020?

Tomorrow morning is the usual delicious Tuesday morning breakfast at the VFW Post. Prepared by two of the nicest ladies this side of heaven.



A great Southern feed of  catfish, fries, hushpuppies, and slaw. Only lacking a big slice of fresh onion.


Handsome Richard Jones as usual was all over the place. He caught every fish! I think.


This is the 14th Annual Memorial Day big free fish fry for veterans that Cook has put on. I love it! They started it about the year that Jackie and I moved to Ruston. I have been to many. If you put Cook Church in the search box in the right column of this blog links to some of my previous blogs will show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->