prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

I shook the Governor's hand and wished him Good Luck.

I and several hundred military veterans shook the hand of Louisiana's Governor Edwards last Thursday, 29 March 2018, at the 39th Annual Barksdale Air Force Base Veteran's Luncheon

A part of the patriotic program was marching under an arch of swords. (Air Force Swords). When we came out the arch we were greeted by the Mayor of Bossier City, the Barksdale commanding Officer, the Governor of Louisiana, and many others.

Boy! did we have good cakes.


I really enjoyed the Shreveport Concert Band. They did a great job on music through out the program. I like Band Music.


These two wonderful people (Cheryl and Richard Maxwell) gave me a ride to the program. (About a 60 mile ride.) They are such good company.



Richard had an reunion with friends from the First Calvary Division. Fellow soldiers from the Vietnam War.



Base Commander Ty Neuman.



The Ole PrunePicker got through the swords safely.


Richard Maxwell did too.


Louisiana Governor Edwards.


The removal of the colors and the playing of Taps ended the program. I enjoyed the program. I have attended the luncheon several times. And will again.





1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->