prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

First Thursday at Cook Baptist Church.

Every month for five years Tommy Ledford has been inviting me to "First Thursday at Cook Baptist Church". First Thursday of each month Cook has a pot lunch at noon. Tommy said that it was always good food as the ladies tried to out do each other in preparing a delicious dish. I thought that after five years I should try it. Today I did. I wanted to see if the meal was as good as Tommy claimed.

What a meal! Tommy was right. I bypassed the fried chicken and got cabbage and sausage, black-eyed peas, coleslaw, hot water cornbread, and bread pudding. It was so good. The sausage was deer sausage with hot pepper ground in. I had to ask for a drink of water. I loved my meal. All home made.

I really enjoyed the folks at the meal. Southern Baptists are such nice people. Even though I do not believe like them I like them and enjoy being with them. I had such a nice time.





No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->