prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, February 4, 2019

My #3 great grandson, Ross John Newberry is diabetic!

On January 27, 2019, my grand daughter Joy called my son in law John and was concerned about Ross. He was always thirsty and had to pee more than usual. John is diabetic and has a blood sugar reader. John and I met Joy and Ross at the Huddle House in Calhoun. John tested a sample of Ross's blood. The meter did not give a number. Just said HIGH. It gave normal normal numbers for blood samples from John and Joy. We looked at each other and thought oh oh!

After a trip to the emergency room Ross spent two days at the LSU Hospital in Shreveport. Ros is now in the process of having the experts determine the best treatment for his version of diabetes. He is at home. His blood sugar is under control. Hopefully we will all soon get over the terrible shock of learning that Ross has diabetes.


Ross is such a brave upbeat guy. He will handle this problem. He has much to learn. But there is much help available.


Some tools required. Insulin needles, etc.


Mom and Dad are so ready and willing. They are now going in a three in the morning to read Ross's blood sugar. Sometime he doesn't wake up when they prick his finger. God bless you Ross. Hang in there.

Ross and Dad David and Mom Joy in the hospital.


1 comment:

  1. My wife's younger son (29 yrs), has diabetes. Since he was 11. Just have to adjust and manage it, but she said it was difficult in his teenage years to make him stay focused on his strict diet requirements.

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->