prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, May 25, 2018

My next trip is to my grave. Section 54 Grave 5634.


On June 13 I am flying to the Reagan Airport in Washington DC. The airport is a mile or so from my hotel and the Arlington National Cemetery. After a ride in the airport shuttle and a Uber ride I should get to my grave in the middle of the afternoon. I plan to sit on my grave until the Cemetery is closed at 7 pm. I will have a good visit with my wife Jackie and my son Chris.


Grave 5634 is 4/10 of a mile (eight minute walk) from the Visitors Center at the Main Entrance. The grave is near Leahy Drive between Eisenhower Drive and Halsey Drive. In the expanded view below you can see Section 54 to the South of the Visitors Center. Grave 5634 is in the Southeast corner of the Section near the corner of Leahy and Halsey. Good location don't you think?



With help of a computer app "ANC Explorer" I obtained a photo of the front and back of the present grave headstone. In the future when my deceased date is known and family has delivered my ashes to the Cemetery I will be listed on the front of the headstone. Jackie and Chris will be listed on the back.


And the back of the headstone. Just imagine. The app has photos of all the headstones in the Cemetery.


Photo of Section 54 from the Cemetery Website.


My photo of the Washington Monument taken at my grave on a previous visit.


3 comments:

  1. Good to plan for the future, but we hate to think of this subject with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bigfoot. At over 90 I think about it a lot/ If I cough I think "this is it"

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->