prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, March 13, 2017

WARNING! to Woodenville and Chimacum, Washington.

The old Prunepicker has finalized his plans and is going to invade your country. I am posting this blog about my schedule so that friends and relatives can know when and where I will be. My time is limited, but I hope to see as many of you as possible. I plan to spend five days in Woodenville and five days in Chimacum.

I will fly from Monroe, Louisiana and arrive in Seattle on Saturday evening, April 29. My oldest grandson Matt and family will pick me up at the airport. (American Flight 1696. Scheduled arrival at Seatac 5:14 PM)
I do not think that they will bring Santa Claus. I just like this picture of the Wrock family. The birth of Matt 48 years ago made me a grandfather. Just think, I have been a grandfather for 48 years. It has been two years since I saw the Wrocks. See my beautiful great grand daughters and their Mom? I will have five days to check them out.

On Thursday, May 4 the Wrocks will take me to the ferry boat and drop me off. I love ferry boat rides! 
I believe that the closest ferry to Woodenville is the Kingston/Edmonds ferry. I will arrive at Kingston mid day. Good old Herm Schilling will meet me.
Herm and his lovely wife Kathy
are going to lend me the use of their motor home to stay in the five nights that I will stay at the Evergreen Coho Resort in Chimacum.

Jackie and I lived down the street from the Schilling's lot in this lot for 17 years.
That is the longest that we ever lived in one place in our lives. Notice the lovely gravel and the cement slab. And ten foot square shed. Our lot was on the edge of the park so that we had a lawn and trees behind. Below is a view of the park clubhouse. The clubhouse was just a cement slab when we first saw it in 1990.
I well spend Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday visiting as much as I can. Hope to get some pie at the Chimacum Cafe (world famous). a piece of Chimacum Cowboy pizza, some pancakes at the Oak Table. and an andouille kraut dog at the Dogs a Foot. (also world famous)
On my last two days my grand daughter Corrie is going to visit me. (Picture taken at Jackson Hole)
She visited m on my last trip two years ago. We had a grand time. On Tuesday Corrie is going to take me to Seatac. (American Flight 2413, Scheduled departure 1:31 PM) Corrie and I will have a ferry boat ride from Bainbridge Island to downtown Seattle. It is a very scenic ride. We will go by Fort Lawton. I was shipped out of there in 1944 to take a tour of the Palau Islands. (Peleliu)

My famous (I am hung up on famous, huh?) grandson Mark lives an hour away in Port Orchard. I will see him for sure. I am really looking forward to talking about politics with Mark.
Corrie and Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->