prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bluegrass music. Great! At Arcadia RR Station.

And I was there. I went there after Ethan's track meet yesterday afternoon.


I was sitting with Anita and Bobbie, two ladies from Pea Ridge. These ladies I know from the Senior Center lunches. I looked up on the stage and there was Melinda Thigpen. I met Melinda in the swim class and she came to the Arcadia Bluegrass with me two  meetings ago. She said she was going to sing at a Bluegrass musical.


Melinda proceeded to sing the Bill Monroe classic "Foot prints in the  snow". She sang good. I hope she sings at every show!


The Main Street Connection really sang up a storm. I liked them



I was pleased to see Wildfire in the show.


I like to photograph Angel.


This is Sandy Hill. That sandy hill is covered with great bluegrass!


The Gene Wilson group finished up the afternoon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->