prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Christopher David Monson. Laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery

My nephew, Daryl Butcher, and I carried the ashes of my son to the Arlington National Cemetery on Tuesday, September 13. Chris would have been 63 last April 1, but had an accident and passed away last January 28. I want to thank the US Army for permitting the burial of Chris's ashes with his mother and I. I truly thank Daryl for driving me to the cemetery. Daryl and his wife Jane went with me several years ago when the ashes of my wife, Jackie, were buried. He said he wants to be notified when my ashes are buried with Chris's and Jackie's ashes, so that he can go to my gravesite one more time.

This is a picture of Daryl and I with the Chaplain.


This is the old prunepicker with Mrs Wright, the cemetery representative, and Chaplain Sneed.


This is the temporary plaque for Chris.


Mrs Wright told that a new headstone will be placed on the site in a few months. The new stone will have the information for Chris engraved on the back. When my ashes are buried another new stone will be installed that has my information on the front and the information for Jackie and Chris placed on the back. Three stones for the price of one!






No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->