prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Center Street Cemetery in Wallingford, Connecticut.

I have reason to believe that my 6th great grandfather, Samuel Munson, is buried in this cemetery. In fact there is a picture of the gravestone in The Munson Record. What a historic place. It is older than the Grove Street Cemetery in New Haven.



It was established in 1683. A lady born in the 1500s is buried here. The internet indicates 50 or more Munsons are buried here. I only found one. John Munson who die on Christmas Day in 1895. He outlived three wives. (Fannie, Sarah, and Eliza).  He must have been well off, judging by the size of his monument. I am going to have to look him up.



Here are some more pictures of this historic place.






Many of the gravestones are just not readable. You can barely see that something had been engraved on the stone in the past. Some are 300 years old.





2 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->