prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Visiters from Pomona. Dan and Dianna.

The distance from Pomona, California to Ruston, Louisiana is 1660 miles. It is not everyday that we have visitors from Pomona. (I was born and raised in Pomona) But yesterday my nephew Dan and wife Dianna Butcher stopped by.


They are driving to Florida to get on a cruise to the Panama Canal. We took a break during an eight hour conversation to visit the Ponchatoula  Restaurant for cajun food. It was the first time for Dan to eat fried green tomatoes. I love them.


Seated around the table is Diana, Dan, daughter Kerry, great-grandson Ethan, and son in law John.

Below is a selfie taken on the streets of Ruston.


What a nice visit. The Butchers will be back to Ruston to attend my 95th birthday party in July (about four months). It is 146 days to my birthday.

You are invited!

2 comments:

  1. My wife could identify most of the folks at the table before reading your description. Cajun food sounds great, even at 5:30 AM now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be front and center for your birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->