prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Over the river and through the woods...

Over the river and through the woods to grand daughter's house the old PrunePicker goes. That reminds me of a poem. Here are the woods.


Here is the PrunePickers grand daughter Joy.


One of my fondest memories is my holding Joy (as an invalid) in my arms on a ferry boat ride across the Rhine River in Germany. She has been in her new house in West Monroe less than a week and she invites me to Thanksgiving Day dinner! Here is the house.


What a wonderful meal!


Some of the prep work.








The meal was enjoyed by David, Christian, Ethan, Papa Chuck (PrunePicker), and Ross. Pic by Joy.


The meal was relaxing.


What a lovely Thanksgiving Day! Thank you Newberrys.

3 comments:

!-- Site Meter -->