prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The old PrunePicker visits the Louisiana Tech Archives. (Whose picture is that on the wall?)

I was at the Archives for a meeting of my Chautauqua group. Nolan Eller is the Louisiana Tech Archivist. What a gracious gentleman. The archives in addition to keeping many precious artifacts safe is a very attractive place. Worth a visit for sure. I would say that Nolan is doing a great service to the people of Louisiana.







  • What is this? A picture of the Louisiana Tech football team the won the 1968 Rice Bowl. Do I know someone that was on that team? I do. I live in a RV parked in his front yard. He is John Morgan Adams. He is the husband of my daughter Kerry. He is in the second row wearing number 35. The equally famous Terry Bradshaw was also on the team and is in the photo. Terry is a gift of the South to the people of the United States. So is John. What a team!

I also have pictures of John on my wall at home. It was exciting to see him on the wall at the official Tech Archives.



3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back posting. I was starting to wonder......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an interesting place to browse around in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting-- we worry about you when you are quiet for awhile...

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->