prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, June 21, 2019

Memos from Joy

Joy Kathleen Newberry is my granddaughter. She and her wonderful family live nearby in West Monroe. We have had lunch together several times lately. Joy has interviewed me and has written two essays about me. They are very complimentary and mostly true. Thy have been posted on her Facebook, reposted on my Facebook, and  one of the posts was reposted on the Louisiana Tech University Kinesiology Facebook. (The essay mentions my swimming career at Tech)

I am really flattered by the comments that these Facebook posts have generated. I have posted them below so that my PrunePicker Blog followers can see what a great guy I am. (and so modest!)





3 comments:

  1. And the writing of the book begins...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great guy! I faitfully read your post.
    Cajun living in Orange, California

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a book of your life would be a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->