prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Prune picker blog going from one/day to one/week.

My first blog post was on April 11, 2010. I have been blogging for 1595 days (4 plus years). I have posted to my blog 2,322 times. My blog has been viewed 239,993 times.

My average posts per day has been almost 1 1/2. The averaged number of views per day is 150. I thank you for reading. I hope you have enjoyed my blog. It has been a source of inspiration for me and fun to do. My memory has been jogged so many times. I am pleased to have so many memories available now in print (digital).

I have two things that I feel that I must do. They are going to require time and my attention. I have to give something up. (I only have so much attention) So I am going to reduce my blog posts from one per day to one or two a week. I have felt driven to do a post each day. It is going to be hard to give it up.

The two things that I want to do are 1) write my life story and 2) complete as near as I can, some family trees. At the very least I want to do a tree for me and one for Jackie. My tree is not that interesting. Just a bunch of Munson/Monsons and Knowlton's back to England. But Jackie's tree will really be something. Irish, Swiss, Scottish, and Choctaw.

I think that I will take tomorrow off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->