prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Walmart has built a beautiful art museum in Bentonville, Arkansas. I visited it today while on my trip from Ruston, Louisiana to Grove, Oklahoma. Fully endowed, the admission is free. The hamburgers are $10.50, however. It is really quite nice. Striking architecture and grounds. Lots of walking trails with art along the way. It takes 120 people to keep it going.




Model of the museum.



The lunch room. Called "eleven"


He looks like a boss, huh? He started a war without consulting congress. Commanded a general to get an army together and go fight the Indians who were harassing settlers in the West. All in all, I really admire the man very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->