prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Install new macerator pump.

I spent a few hours this morning installing a new macerator pump. I have to limit pumping when there is no fluid in the pump to 15 seconds. (dry pumping) Total continuous pumping with fluid has to be limited to 15 minutes. I have to stay by and pay attention. There is a change in pitch (motor sound) when the pump goes dry. For certainty I have a clear section of sewer pipe to see when the pump runs dry.



My thumb is ready for the time the pump runs dry. Pumps cost $250.

It is six weeks today since I have suffered a TIA. I returned to the water exercise class at Louisiana Tech.yesterday morning. The last time I attended the class was three days before my brain surgery in March. It was good to get back. 



2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear your back at swimming exercise class. I know the feeling of being so happy to getting back in an old routine. Too bad its gonna have to stop again, for me. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news about the swimming class. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->