prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Paul Woodard and Friends

I went to a great music program at the Lincoln Parish Library this morning. The musicians were Paul Woodard, Nancy Shlosman, Larry Hendricks and Andy Pace.

This is band leader Paul Woodard. His fiddle playing was great and so was his between tunes patter.


That is Nancy behind Paul. She loves to play the bass, and is good.


Here is Larry Hendricks playing the left side guitar. I knew Larry before he became famous. He was my driver to a fiddle fest in Oklahoma this summer.



This is Andy Pace on the right side guitar. He sang several songs. He is a fine singer.



The group was very good and put on an enjoyable program.


There were many distinguished guests in the audience. Here are two of them going to their seats.


Paul said that he had discovered the difference between a violin and a fiddle. A violin has strings and a fiddle has strangs.









No comments:

Post a Comment

!-- Site Meter -->